Belly Button Bleeding: This article will highlight the vital causes, symptoms, and treatment of belly button bleeding along with precautions that can be avoided to this issue. Belly button bleeding is not an extreme issue and can be cured after a minor treatment but in serious condition, it is necessary to see doctor properly. Its major causes are infection, cysts, Portal hypertension, and Primary umbilical endometriosis. Belly Button Bleeding: can occur due to various causes and generally, these are not very fatal and easily curable.
- 1 Portal Hypertension
- 2 Primary Umbilical Endometriosis:
- 3 When You Should See a Doctor.
- 4 What is The Outlook?
- 5 Tips For Prevention
A large number of microorganisms generally exist on the upper layer of the skin. The microbiome on skin supports the immune system by preserving the body against harmful pathogens.
Nevertheless, disorderliness in this critical ecosystem can grow bacteria including staphylococcus and streptococcus can produce a skin infection that is called cellulitis.
The rapid growth of the candidiasis fungus which generally exists on the skin, throat, and vagina can be the reason for yeast infection.
The common symptoms of bleeding from the belly button area as follows and these can be different because of various types of infection.
- Radish circle around the belly button.
- itching and swelling on the belly button.
- A liquid smelly mass or pus discharge in the affected area.
- High temperature or chilled.
- vomiting and nauseous.
- If a doctor suspects a skin infection, they take a sample of pus from the infected place.
- A lab technician will declare the various bacteria and fungus.
- After a proper diagnosis of the type of infection, its treatment is recommended by the doctor.
Treatment of the skin lies about the type of its cause. Generally, hot water is recommended to clean the infected area in case of bacterial infection.
An ointment and powder are recommended in case of yeast infection.
cysts are fluid-filled bags of tissue that can appear anywhere in the body additional in your belly button.
An epidermoid cyst happens when a hair follicle is clogged with oil or dirt. This sort of cysts occurs because of sun damage, skin infection, and trauma on the skin.
In cysts case, infected area discharge pus or blood. The urachus is a structure like a tube that links the umbilical strain to the blader. The urachus generally disappears before birth. However, it can remain open in some ways.
some other symptoms of cysts on the belly button are following,
Urachal cysts are not common and also cause bloody discharge.
A liquid fluid under the skin.
The red circle around skin discoloration
- Aching or pain
- in urinating
- A doctor can diagnose a skin cyst by physical observation. They also check the condition of the cysts by pressing it.
A doctor may check the symptoms like redness around the area, fever, and pain.
If a cyst is a disorder, it can be checked by analysis.
The cure for cyst depends on the size of the extremity. Small cysts can be clear without any medical treatment. Infected cysts require antibiotics and can be treated by surgery. You have to change your lifestyle a bit to avoid its bad effects,
- Wear loose and smooth clothes
- Stable good personal health
- Try to keep clean and dry the infected area
- Remove to wear jewelry.
Portal hypertension happens because of a large portal vein that takes blood from the intestine to the liver higher than normal blood pressure. The most common cause of this is cirrhosis and hepatitis C is also causes belly button bleeding.
The major symptoms of portal hypertension are following,
- Swelling around the belly button
- Black and dark-colored vomiting because of bleeding in your digestive system.
- Sometimes discomfort and pain in the belly.
If the doctor suspects, he will be recommended some test for diagnosis .i.e
- A Ct scan
- An ultrasound
- A liver biopsy
They will also recommend a physical observation by reviewing medical history. They also recommended platelet and white cells.
- It can be cured by medicines and reducing blood pressure.
- A blood transfusion in extreme bleeding.
- A liver can be transplanted in various cases.
Primary Umbilical Endometriosis:
Endometriosis affects women. It happens when the tissue that builds the lining of the uterus starts to appear in the various organs of your body. This is a real situation. It happens when tissue exposes in the belly button.
The major symptoms of primary endometriosis are given below,
- Bleeding from the belly button.
- Aching and pain in your belly button infected area.
- Swelling around the belly button
- A lump close to belly button
The doctor generally uses ultrasound, CT scan, and MRI to know the nature of the infection, and these tools are very helpful to get detail of the infected area of your belly button. Primary umbilical endometriosis is exposed up to 4 percent among women who are patients who have endometriosis.
Generally, you are recommended surgery to abolish the lump that is near to your belly button. This condition is also cured by hormone therapy. But it is risk and preferable is surgery.
When You Should See a Doctor.
You should see to your doctor in case of any infection or bleeding in your belly button. You should also visit your doctor if you have the following symptoms,
- A smelling fluid discharge in your belly button.
- Redness and swelling around your belly button.
- A large lump near your belly button.
If you have dark or black stools and a coffee-colored mass, it may discharge blood from your belly button. This is a mark of emergency and you should instantly see your doctor.
What is The Outlook?
Infections are curable and preventable. immediately contact your doctor as soon as possible. The treatment at a time can save you from further fatal infection to progress it.
Portal hypertension can be serious and need immediate treatment. If you avoid cure it instantly otherwise it causes fatal consequences. It can be cured easily and instantly.
Tips For Prevention
It may not be possible to prevent bleeding but some things can reduce it.
- Wear loose clothes
- Keep clean the area around the belly button with a warm salty water
- Keep it clean and dry.
- In the case of your obese, decrease your sugar to reduce yeast infection.
- Avoid alcohol because it damages your liver to lead to cirrhosis. This is a risky element for developing portal hypertension,